Aims & Values
Slindon College is an inclusive specialist school for students with a variety of learning difficulties, vulnerable pupils and those who may have had a negative school experience.
Our lifelong commitment is to help all our students to develop their various talents and to reach their full potential by ensuring that they have access to high quality teaching.
We seek to provide all our pupils with a stimulating, broad and balanced educational experience within a caring and supportive environment, tailored to the needs of each individual child.
At Slindon College we value:
- Courtesy and good manners
- Continual drive for development
- Excellence for all pupils
- Strength in partnership
At Slindon College we believe that everyone should:
- Enjoy learning and achieving
- Show care and concern for themselves, others and the environment
- Treat others with respect and dignity
- Be safe, happy and healthy
- Be a valued member of the community
- Accept and tolerate others for their individual differences
- Develop self-confidence and self-esteem
- Put students and their families at the heart of everything we strive for
At Slindon College our aim is therefore to provide a positive learning environment that is personalised, inclusive, safe, enjoyable and challenging with appropriate support and guidance to enable our pupils to develop skills for life.