Overseas and UK pupils can board at Slindon College.
All dormitories are well furnished with modern units. From Year 7 - 9 all pupils are housed in rooms sleeping from 2–6 depending upon several factors – the mix of the group, a preference for a small quiet room or a bigger, livelier environment. Because of our size we aim to accommodate all pupils happily in their chosen environment. From Year 10 all pupils have their own study bedrooms.
We have three recreational rooms: The Family Room, The Snug and The Pool Room.
- The Family Room is used by the pupils to relax, socialise, watch TV, attend weekly Boarding House meetings and generally 'chill out.'
- The Snug is a cosier, smaller room with sofas, TV and small kitchen area to promote independent living skills.
- The Pool Room speaks for itself, and the game is very popular in house!
Great food to fuel your son
All meals are cooked on site by our fantastic catering staff and are eaten in the dining room. The staff sit with the pupils at meal times which enables them to chat informally over the meal. Special dietary requirements for allergies or religious reasons can be met provided we are advised in advance. In such cases, Matron should be provided with full details so she can ensure that your son’s needs are met. Take a look at our varied menu options for the next 1-2 weeks on our homepage.
The Boarding House is supervised by dedicated boarding staff, supported by our Matron. Additionally, there is an evening tutor on duty in the House to back up this very comprehensive support system. Prep is also expected to be undertaken two evenings a week.
- School uniform and bedding is laundered during the week for boarders.
- Weekly boarders usually take their washing home with them.
- Please note designer items unsuitable for commercial laundering, should not be brought to school.
We are very happy to accommodate Day Boys overnight on an occasional basis, however 24 hours notice is required for housekeeping purposes. There is a nominal charge of £40 per night for occasional boarding and this is charged to the fee account at the end of the term.