STEM: Whole School "Moon Day!"
An incredible whole school learning experience at Slindon College!
Our special Moon Day at Slindon College was simply out of this world!
Our students from 8 - 18 combined to learn all about the moon in this cross curricular, whole school STEM project! Each of the three activities: English & History, Design Technology and Art & Graphics had a scientific twist, with a 'Scientist in Residence' to help set the facts straight!
The students got to:
- Enjoy an amazing talk from Applied Physicist, Dr John Mason MBE! (BBC's The Sky at Night)
- Design, create and launch a water rocket!
- Write some Moon literature and explore the historic connections to the moon!
- Create a piece of art that contributed to a giant moon crater, as well as creating the whole solar system itself!
- Dress as a space related thing, with the staff joining in the fun too!
An incredible learning experience, here at Slindon College!