STEM: Whole School "Moon Day!"
An incredible whole school learning experience at Slindon College!
Our special Moon Day at Slindon College was simply out of this world!
Held on Friday 30th November, our students from 8 - 18 combined to learn all about the moon in this cross curricular, whole school STEM project! Each of the three activities: English & History, Design Technology and Art & Graphics had a scientific twist, with a 'Scientist in Residence' to help set the facts straight!
The students got to:
- Enjoy an amazing talk from Applied Physicist, Dr John Mason MBE! (BBC's The Sky at Night)
- Design, create and launch a water rocket!
- Write some Moon literature and explore the historic connections to the moon!
- Create a piece of art that contributed to a giant moon crater, as well as creating the whole solar system itself!
- Dress as a space related thing, with the staff joining in the fun too!
An incredible learning experience, here at Slindon College!