Accommodation for Overseas or UK boarders
Secondary Students and Sixth Formers from overseas and the UK can board at Slindon College.
All dormitories are well furnished with modern units. From Year 7 - 9 all boarders are housed in rooms sleeping from 2–6 depending upon several factors – the mix of the group, a preference for a small quiet room or a bigger, livelier environment. Because of our size we aim to accommodate all pupils happily in their chosen environment. From Year 10 all boarders have their own study bedrooms.
We have three recreational rooms: The Family Room, The Snug and The Pool Room.
- The Family Room is used by the boarders to relax, socialise, watch TV, attend weekly Boarding House meetings and generally 'chill out.'
- The Snug is a cosier, smaller room with sofas, TV and small kitchen area to promote independent living skills.
- The Pool Room speaks for itself, and the game is very popular in house!
Great food to fuel your son
All meals are cooked on site by our fantastic catering staff and are eaten in the Dining Room. The staff sit with the pupils at meal times which enables them to chat informally over the meal. Special dietary requirements for allergies or religious reasons can be met provided we are advised in advance. In such cases our Registrar should be provided with full details so that instruction can be passed to all relevant team members.
Take a look at our varied options for the next 1-2 weeks by clicking the utensils icon on the right of the screen.
Please note our Allergen Information: All our food is prepared in a kitchen where nuts, gluten and other allergens are present and our menu descriptions do not include all ingredients. Full allergen information is available on request.
The Boarding House is supervised by dedicated boarding staff, supported by our Housekeeper. Additionally, there is an evening tutor on duty in the House to back up this very comprehensive support system. Prep is also expected to be undertaken two evenings a week.
- School uniform and bedding is laundered during the week for boarders.
- Weekly boarders usually take their washing home with them.
- Please note designer items unsuitable for commercial laundering, should not be brought to the College.