Thank you, Slindon Pudding Club!
Community is incredibly important to us at Slindon College, and through our House Charity work, we ensure that our students understand the importance of giving back. But this time, we are the lucky ones!
A huge thank you to the Slindon Pudding Club, a generous local charity who have given Slindon College these fantastic Mountain Bikes! The students have already been enjoying these valuable new resources as they begin preparations for a new Mountain Bike track in our glorious National Trust woodland area, which also houses our Forest School.
The Slindon Pudding Club was formed in 1972. Their two principal purposes are to support:
• any member of the community who is in need.
• any village initiatives that seek to add to the quality of village life.
The Club is made up of twelve members of the village, and typical areas of support have included:
• specific development projects in the two schools
• a hearing loop system in St Mary’s Church
• play and safety features for the sports field and children’s play areas
• the Millennium Village Cricket sign
• a number of benches and commemorative trees
• sponsoring young members of the community providing service
• sponsoring ‘A Resident’s Quick Guide to Slindon’
• transport to village events for those who find it difficult to make their own way there.
We thank Slindon Pudding Club again for their ongoing support.